Personal information I collect
When you visit the Site, it automatically collects certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, it collects information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. This automatically-collected information is referred to as “Device Information”.
Device Information is collected using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, it collects certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. This information is referred to as “Order Information”.
How do I use your personal information?
I use the Order Information that I collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, I use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared, provide you with information or advertising relating to my products or services.
I use the Device Information that I collect to help me screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the Site (for example, by generating analytics about how customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal Information
I share your Personal Information with third parties to help me use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, I use Shopify to power my online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. I also use Google Analytics to help me understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, I may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information I receive, or to otherwise protect my rights.
As described above, I use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications I believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that the Site’s data collection and use practices do not alter when it sees a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, I will maintain your Order Information for my records unless and until you ask me to delete this information.
For more information about my privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact me by e‑mail at email@example.com